Sunday, October 19, 2008

My first post

Well today is my first post on here so I may as well make it good. I've been keeping pretty busy with my life. Taking care of my girl and working part-time, and trying to find somewhere in between there for scrapbooking, fixing the house, and the hubby.

Yesterday the family went to Savidge farms over by where we live to go pumpkin picking. It was Mackenzie's first time, and she loved it. We picked out one giant pumpkin for the whole family. Then we got 2 smaller ones for Wes and I, and then a teeny baby pumpkin for Mackenzie. There was a sandbox there, but instead of having sand in it, it had corn kernels in it. So Mackenzie and I had fun playing in there while Wes took some pictures.

We are trying to fix up our old house one thing at a time, but it seems like the projects are at a stand still for now. A couple weeks ago the kitchen project was in full swing, but granted the only thing we are doing is replacing the wall treatments and the window treatments. Everything was going smoothly then we hit a lull and nothing has gotten done since. And I want it done NOW because I just want my kitchen back!!

I'm so happy that my sister Maryann had introduced me to the wonderful world of scrapbooking. I've made a lot of new friends, created lots of memories through craft, and kept myself out of trouble. I was trying to find a hobby that I would like and get to meet a lot of great people since I don't get to do a lot of things. And alas....I have found it. So I just wanted to say thanks to all the MLPA ladies who have welcomed me into their community and have given me inspiration!

No comments: