Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mackenzie's first birthday has come and gone! One whole year flew by so quickly! Her birthday was on April 3rd and her party was on the 4th. The morning got off to a rough start as the hubby and I were arguing a lot! But luckily we pulled together and with the help of my mom and sister we got everything ready on time, and early! My sister watched Mackenzie and her son while my mom helped organize! DH did all the cooking and I did the cleaning and ran out to get last minute stuff. We celebrated our sweethearts birthday with 40 family members. We didn't invite any friends, as it would have been way over-crowded with people in our house. It was crowded, but we made due. Mackenzie had a great time despite being tired. She only took a 45 minute nap in the morning and a 30 minute nap in the afternoon before presents. She usually takes at least an hour to 1 1/2 hour nap twice a day. But she was a good sport about it...didn't cry at all. She got lots of clothes, and not so many toys (which is what I wanted because she has SOOO many toys)! She loves stuffed animals and got a couple of those. She walked around with them patting and kissing them.

On another subject kinda.....We now have a middle name for our second bean sprout. Her name is going to be Ryleigh Johanna Wilcox. Her middle name is in honor of her Daddy. Wes picked it out (his real name is Johann but since birth he's gone by Wes...don't ask me, I didn't name him I just married him!!!)

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Happy Birthday to your little sweetheart. She's growing so, so fast.